FOR BEST RESULTS IN BURNING CONTAINER CANDLEs
- Once burned, cotton wicks should trim/break naturally at about 3/8”. Between burnings, make sure to trim the wick, removing the black ball, or “mushroom” off the tip of the wick.
- Allow the melted wax pool to extend to the outside rim before extinguishing the flame (usually two hours – wax has a “memory” so at subsequent burnings, the candle will melt out to the edge and burn evenly).
- Always place on a stable, heat and stain resistant surface.
- It is best to extinguish the candle with a candle snuffer, or by blowing it out. It is not recommended to extinguish with the lid as it will create smoke, leaving black soot in your candle and on the inside of the container.
- Keep the wax pool clean and free of matches or foreign objects.
- Do not place a burning candle in a draft.
- Do not continue to burn when the solid wax content is less than 1/2” from the bottom of the container.
- Suggested burn time is two – four hours.